Saturday, February 6, 2016

WWC53 - Heidi's Sketch Challenge

This week the challenge over at Watercooler Wednesday is a Sketch Challenge. Heidi has given us this sketch to follow:
At first glance, it looks like there are a lot of elements to this. But, it's not as complicated as it looks. I thought it was a good design for me to use some upcycled material, like this lovely copper foil bag that once contained coffee. I couldn't bear to throw it in the recycle bin, so recycled it instead on my card.


Look what I did with it:


I decided this sketch worked best as a square. The base of the card is Tip Top Taupe. Next, I layered the lovely script design from the Neutrals paper stack. The copper squares were embossed with the Brick Wall Embossing folder.

The sentiment is from the Wetlands stamp set and is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink over the flourish from Timeless Textures which is Tip Top Taupe, stamped off once. The Whisper White is matted with a square of Mossy Meadow. I love the rich, dark green against the shiny copper.

Check out the other challenge entries at the Watercooler Wednesday blog. There is still time for you to get in on the fun!

 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT @ WWC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to upcycle your lovely copper bag, Gail. And what a unique and gorgeous card you've created as a result. Love the way you've used the sketch and your imagination. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique card! I love the colors and the copper effect. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...