Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WWC162 - Charlotte's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
It's time already for another masculine challenge, presented this week by Charlotte.
I still tend to automatically reach for darker colours when making a masculine-themed card. Do you do that?

That's what I started when I reached for the Woodgrain DSP and Early Espresso cardstock. But then I headed in another direction.
I had just received an order, and in it were the Basketweave embossing folder and the Just Add Colour Designer Series Paper.

The embossed piece is Crumb Cake, and I used the back side of it, which I thought looked a bit more manly - LOL. Since I did still want to use the Woodgrain DSP, I cut it smaller and glued it on top of the embossed piece.

The feather design is from the Just Add Colour DSP, which I coloured with Stampin' Blends - Crumb Cake, Bronze, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight.

For the sentiment, I went to Sheltering Tree. I love the handwritten look and think it is suitable for a masculine-themed card.

So, even though I used some dark and muted elements in this design, the feathers really lighten things up while keeping the whole design still suitable for a male recipient.

Now it's your turn - show us your best Masculine Anything Goes creation! Visit Watercoloer Wednesday for more inspiration for the talented Watercooler Artists.

2 comments:

  1. Wow a lot has gone into making this such a terrific masculine card Gail. I like the combination of papers and card stock and the coloured feathers to offset all the darker hues. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, Gail. There is so much to enjoy. You really have added great details to each layer. That wonderful Just Add Colour DSP is something I've had my eye on and now, with your beautifully coloured feathers, I want it even more. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...