Saturday, January 20, 2018

InColor Heartfelt Blooms

It's been a gloomy, gray, rainy day here today on the Sunshine Coast - the one in Canada, that is. I'm sure the Sunshine Coast in Australia is basking in sunshine.

So, it was a perfect day to play with new stuff. I got an order yesterday that contained two brand new stamp sets: Heartfelt Blooms from the 2018 Sale-a-Bration catalogue, and Waterfront from the 2018 Occasions catalogue.

I couldn't wait to play with them! So today, I gathered ink and cardstock and just played with Heartfelt Blooms. I decided to use all of the new InColors: Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime  Twist, Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide.

The technique used here is known as "tone on tone" - which simply means using the same colour of ink and cardstock. Here is today's collection:
I love them all, but I do have favourites: Tranquil Tide,  Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist. I'm trying to use the Powder Pink and Berry Burst more, but they are not colours I automatically reach for. However, they are perfectly wonderful colours!

A few things I have learned about using this awesome stamp:
1. It is a "photo realistic" style of stamp that has been developed by Stampin' Up and is being patented.
2. It started as a real  photograph taken of a real bouquet of flowers.
3. When you look at it, the surface looks totally flat and you will be convinced that there is no design in the red rubber.
4. I found that the best way to ink it up is to hold the stamp face up in one hand and with the other hand apply the ink pad to  the stamp. That is the best way to make sure the entire surface is inked.
5. The first time you stamp it onto cardstock, you will be amazed!

Now I have these awesome backgrounds to work with. Stay tuned to find out what I do with them! In the meantime, here are closeups of each colour:

Lemon Lime Twist  - love this fresh, greeny-yellow colour. Makes me think of spring.

Tranquil Tide - a lovely bluish-green colour. Although it looks more blue here. I find it really depends on the light as to whether it looks green or blue. I think today it is taking on the colour from outside, which is dark and gray.

Fresh Fig - this is very rich sort of burgundy colour with brownish undertones.

Berry Burst - this is a reddish-purple, more on the pinky side - or so it looks to me. Kind of reminds me of the colour of fresh-picked raspberries.

Powder Pink - not a bubblegummy pink, it has brownish undertones. I think my inkpad needed re-inking. However, with this stamp it is important that your ink pad isn't too juicy.

I've had fun stamping these - maybe tomorrow I will do something with them.

Go grab your favourite stamp, ink and cardstock and just play! It's a good activity for a rainy day.
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...