Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #150 - Heidi's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
This is our last challenge for the year of 2017. And, because it is such a hectic time of year for many of you, we are making this a 2-week challenge. It's also a Masculine theme, hosted by Heidi.
Because it is the end of the year, and a time when we hear ourselves saying "out with the old, in the new" - or variations there of, I am combining old and new in my card.
The old is a retired stamp set that I haven't used nearly enough - Traveller - and also a retired cardstock colour - Lost Lagoon - that I've been hoarding but have somewhat got over it being retired with the release of a new InColor, Tranquil Tide.

The new part is a background stamp called Post Script, which I stamped with Tranquil Tide ink on Crumb Cake cardstock. I also used Tranquil Tide ink to stamp some of the other images from Traveller onto the Lost Lagoon card base.

Check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Hoping everyone can spend time with family and friends throughout this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Gail, what a terrific Masculine card. The colours, the layers and the stamps are simply a perfect balance. You've used two of my favourites as well with the Travel and Lost Lagoon card stock. I use them often. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've kept that retired stamp set, too, Gail. Love all those images. That old-fashioned train engine is so beautifully drawn and you've used the image perfectly. I miss the Lost Lagoon, too. It's a wonderful colour for your background as if the stamping with the Post Script stamp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...