Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #142 - Charlotte's All About Christmas Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
We're celebrating Christmas again here at the Watercooler this week. Charlotte is hosting this All About Christmas challege.
Before I show you my project, I have to tell you a little story. Any crafter will probably understand how, when you are in a craft store, you pick up all kinds of objects because a brilliant idea suddenly springs to mind and you just know that it is the perfect project.

Well, in my seemingly never-ending quest to downsize and purge, I have been coming across all kinds of such objects. Some of them make me stop and think: "What on earth did I plan on using this for????"

But, recently I came across some wooden stars. And I thought ah ha! I need to use these for something. So it was perfect timing for this challenge. Here's what I started with:
Add some Merry Music DSP, some silver Tinsel Trim, a bit of Striped Ribbon and a Season of Glitz mini gift bow and you end up with this:
I also used the Merry Little Labels stamp set and stamped the Let it Snow with Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock and embossed with silver embossing powder. It's punched out with the Everyday Labels punch.

I used Mod Podge to glue on the DSP and found that Aileen's Tacky Glue worked best with the Tinsel Trim.

The star measures 6.5" long by 4" wide, and while maybe a bit larger than most Christmas tree decorations, it could work on a tree, I think.

It was fun to put together and came together quickly - once I had decided on everything else. And, I have 5 more of them! Now, do I do them all the same? Or each one different? Hmmmm

How are your Christmas projects coming along? If you need a boost to get going, make a project and link it up at Watercooler Wednesday. You will find a lot of inspiration there from my fellow Watercooler Artists.

8 comments:

  1. Gail how wonderful to see your ornament star. Beautifully crafted. The tinsel against that Merry Musical DSP is perfect. You made me smile when you described running across craft store finds in your purge. How many times do we do that? Thanks for sharing your story plus beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. Yes, I used to do that a lot - trying not to anymore. Have to use what I already have

      Delete
  2. Oh Gail, you have to come for a visit and push me into using some of the endless "treasures" I've found, bought, and hoarded. What a gorgeous Christmas ornament you've created with that wood star as base! The various products you've combined work perfectly together and have certainly turned the star into real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. Would love to come for a visit - you just never know. I have family in both Calgary and Edmonton.

      Delete
  3. What a fun creation! I seem to have quite a hoard of things that need using too - great that you found a way to use some things up, and it turned out wonderfully too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte. I think we all have that hoard! Dig them out and use them up!

      Delete
  4. OOOHHHHH, so pretty! Great use of something you already had. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. Sometimes it's fun to work from the stash.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...