Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #136 - Gail's All About Birthdays Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
This week is my turn to host and I picked an All About Birthdays theme. Birthday cards are probably the most needed type of cards for all of us.
 Since birthdays are festive occasions, I thought this is the perfect opportunity to use a new stamp set I received recently - Half Full. It's a special set, as it was designed by a demo who reached a remarkable milestone - one million dollars in sales. And, it's all about wine!

My card was inspired a package of napkins I spotted in London Drugs, a local pharmacy. That's what I used as the background. It was really easy to adhere to the Sahara Sand cardstock base by using the Adhesive Sheets. A gift card was used to smooth out the very thin layer of tissue.

The colours on the napkin matched perfectly with Sahara Sand and Fresh Fig. So I stamped the tag with Fresh Fig on Very Vanilla and fussy cut. A small piece of Jute Twine is threaded through a hole punched in the tag, and I tied a piece of Copper Trim around that. A few dimensionals pop it up.

The row of wine glasses were stamped on Fresh Fig cardstock with Fresh Fig ink. For the sentiment, I used the 'happy birthday' from Teeny Tiny Wishes. And, of course, I had to use a trio of my favourite embellishment of the moment - Black rhinestones.

To do the wine bottle, I used Always Artichoke ink on Very Vanilla. The colouring was done by picking up some Always Artichoke ink from the lid of the stamp pad with a blender pen. I wanted it to look streaky, like it is a very old, some-what dusty bottle that was hidden in the back corner of the wine cellar.

For the top of the bottle, I wanted it to look like it had a foil wrap around the cork. I stamped just the top of the bottle on the back side of a piece of Champagne Foil that had a piece of the Adhesive Sheet adhered to it. After fussy cutting, it was easy to place it on the bottle.

The final touches on the bottle, the white highlights, are done with a white Posca paint pen.

While it looks like there is a lot to this card, it went together very quickly. And I still have a lot of napkins left to make more cards!

Now go visit Watercooler Wednesday and see what the other Watercooler Artists have created.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, love the way you find inspiration around you wherever you happen to be. You were so right about those napkins being the perfect background for this card. How serendipitous that the colours matched the SU! colours, too. I love the way you've used twine and Champagne Foil as well. A great combination of images, colours and shapes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail I'm truly inspired by your Half Full card. I wondered what you'd used for a background and was amazed you were able to do that with a napkin. Awesome. Your colouration on the wine bottle blows me away as it's so realistic looking. Great card, great job!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...