Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #128 - Heidi's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Welcome to this week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Heidi is our host and has chosen a Masculine Theme for this challenge.
This theme was a real struggle for me this week, for some reason. I had one idea that just did not work for me, and instead of tossing it, decided to try to salvage it. Here is what I came up with - eventually! I'm calling it more "gender-neutral", rather than masculine.
I've used Embossing Paste. Again! Apparently I can't make a card these days without it. The clearly visible images are from Tuscan Vinyard; the sentiment is from Dragonfly Dreams; the less visible images are from Guy Greetings.

If you are thinking this is a strange combination of stamp sets - you would be right! This came about because my original plan  was to  try doing the Retiform Technique. And here is that attempt:
It just was not speaking to me. So, Embossing Paste to the rescue!

Have you ever had this experience?

Visit the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog to see how the other Watercooler Artists have been inspired.


6 comments:

  1. Wow Gail, looks like you took a circle route to getting your card finished for today's challenge but you sure did an awesome job. Just so you know that retiform looks pretty darned good and I would have thought it was a top notch masculine card on its own, but stepping it up with the modelling paste changed everything. Well done and great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! Talk about a complete about face. I'll have to practice doing some more retiform and see if I can come up with something.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail, yes, sometimes I've had to change directions so radically that it just about made my head spin but bottom line, if you're not happy with what you're creating, you have to either destroy it or alter it until it makes you feel good. I love the way the retiform design is still visible in portions of your redesigned card. The results are really wonderful and would be difficult to copy. You're getting into the habit of creating pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! Not sure if I'm creating pieces of art so much as just trying to salvage things. But, whatever it is, it is fun!

      Delete
  3. I love it Gail - I adore those colours and last year I was in Tuscany on holiday and this card take me right back there - I think it looks great as a masculine card x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! Lucky you getting to visit Tuscany! I'm happy to know you related to the look I was going for. I really do like this stamp set.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...