Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #122 - Libby's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
This week Libby is hosting a Feminine Anything Goes Challenge.
If colours can be said to have gender, then pink is the ultimate feminine colour. Two of the brand new In Colors for 2017-2019 fall into the pink tones - for me anyway: Powder Pink and Berry Burst. I combined these two colours with a really easy watercolour wash background done as a resist technique. I CASEd a card done by a German Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Her blog is in German and doesn't have a translate button and I can't figure out what her name is. The name of the blog is Stempelzeit - I think.

I loved the colours she used, but decided to try doing it in Powder Pink and Berry Burst.
The stamp set is Daisy Delight. I stamped randomly with Versa Mark ink on the Whisper White cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. Using an Aquapainter, I diluted Powder Pink ink in the lid of my ink pad and did a loose wash across the cardstock. Then repeated with the Berry Burst.

I used some of the Copper Ribbon and Linen Thread to tone down the pink tones somewhat. The little tag is cut with a die from the new Wood Crate Framelits.

And that's it! Now check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done with this challenge and then show us your interpretation.
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great card Gail. I like how you featured the two new pink in colours and added the copper ribbon and linen thread to offset the tones. I believe the German Demo's name is Ilonka, however I couldn't find a translate button either. Great card CASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I want to try this with the colours she used - haven't got around to it yet.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Gail! You always take the artist's route. Love the heat embossing and the colour washes. I have been playing with the Copper Ribbon, trying to achieve that terrific "bow" you created by cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. It's not really a bow. First I put the straight piece of Copper Ribbon around the CS. Then took a piece I'd cut off and pulled it apart then cut into each end. I used the Linen Thread to tie it to the straight piece.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...