Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #120 - Gail's Christmas Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Yes, it's Challenge time again and we are really thinking ahead. This week we are all about Christmas. How many of you scramble at the last minute to get cards made and sent in December? Well, we will help you out with that and get you started early!
There are two Christmas sets I bought last year, and was so happy to learn they have been carried over and will be in the new catalogue that launches soon. Those are Father Christmas and Christmas Pines, which has co-ordinating thinlits - Pretty Pines.

And they all go just perfectly with some of the patterns from the new Designer Paper Series Paper Stack - Wood Textures.
 
Father Christmas is stamped right onto the DSP using Early Espresso ink. I used Watercolour Pencils to colour him, and did not use a blender pen as I wanted a soft look. I stamped some of the pine boughs on the DSP with Always Artichoke, and cut some out of Old Olive. The pine cone is cut from Copper Foil. And the arch is, of course, more DSP, sponged with Early Espresso.

For more Christmas inspiration, visit Watercooler Wednesday and check out what the rest of the Artists have done.

6 comments:

  1. Its' great to have a Christmas Challenge Gail and t hanks so much for leading us off with such a great card. What could be better than Father Christmas! I sat on the rail about this stamp set last year, but after seeing you beautiful card I see it going back on my wish list. Great job using the new Wood grain DSP. I love that you stamped the santa directly on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. That set was one of the first I ordered from the Holiday catalogue. Don't think you will regret getting it!

      Delete
  2. Love this card and this image Gail - I didn't get him last year - and wish I had - glad he's staying around for another year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I hope you get this set - you won't regret it!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited that there is a Christmas card challenge!! Such a pretty card and love how you used the woodgrain dsp in your card! The copper pine cone is a great finishing embellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheri. I'm really loving that woodgrain paper stack!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...