Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge 108 - Gail's Sketch Challenge

It's my turn to host the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week, and I've chosen this Sketch Challenge:
I think it is a very simple sketch, but has a lot of possibilities to make it as intricate as you want. Remember, the sketch can be flipped upside down, or turned on its side - whatever inspires you. As long as it is still recognizable as the basic sketch.

However, I decided to use it just as is:
I'm trying to channel spring - the first colour that popped into my mind was Cucumber Crush. Mostly because it is a lovely, spring-y shade of green. But also, because it is part of the 2015-2017 In-Color Collection that will be retiring at the end of May.

This may make some people sad, but I like to think that it is making way for a whole new, exciting set of trendy shades!

For the diagonal bottom part, I stamped every one of the designs from the Sale-a-Bration set, Delicate Details, using Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White cardstock. I really love the look of Crumb Cake on the white!

The image panel is cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelit. No, the collection doesn't have a rectangle, but a quick search on YouTube brings up a lot of tutorials on how to use the square framelits to create a rectangle. I followed a tutorial by Bibi Cameron.

I have to confess, however, that it took me three tries to get it right. And she makes it look so easy!! Really - it's not that difficult. Guess I'm just a slow learner.

The leaf image is from Kinda Eclectic and the sentiment is from the Tin of Cards stamp set - both stamped with Cucumber Crush.

And that's it! Check out Watercooler Wednesday and take a look at what the other Watercooler Artists have done. Link yours up - we love to see your projects!

4 comments:

  1. Gail I really like your take on your sketch. The color of green you chose makes me think not only of spring, but St Patrick's day which is this month. The lace idea is terrific. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Green is my favourite colour.

      Delete
  2. Great sketch this month Gail and your card is a perfect example of how wonderful it is. Love the lace and Cucumber Green mix. Thanks for the info on the rectangle from a square by Bibi Camerson, will have to look up her tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I love her videos - she is so talented! But she is no longer an SU demo.

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...