Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WWC102 - Libby's Clean and Simple Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it was only natural for this week's Challenge Host, Libby,  to pick Love in Red on White for her theme.
In the Language of Flowers, a red rose means love and respect. For my card I reached for my Rose Garden Thinlits and the lovely huge rose bloom with the leaves attached. I placed it on a piece of the Red Foil so I didn't get all of the biggest leaf. After die-cutting, a few quick snips with the paper snips took care of the foliage, leaving just the big rose bloom.

For the card base, I used Thick Whisper White (the Real Red is piece of cardstock I laid the finished card onto for photographing). Before glueing down the rose, I took the Real Red Watercolour Pencil and did a quick sweep of colour on the cardstock, and blended with an aqua-painter.


The Love sentiment is from the Love Sparkles stamp set - what could be more fitting? - stamped in Real Red.

And that's it! A quick, simple card that says Love!

Now it's your turn. Check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done, then link up your interpretation of Love in Red on White. Visit Watercooler Wednesday to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...