Wednesday, January 11, 2017

WWC101 - Jean's Colour Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Colour challenges are a great way to stretch your creativity. I like them because they make me use colours in combinations I might not have thought of myself. If you are like me, you probably find yourself reaching for the same colours all the time.

This week, Jean has given us a very cheerful, spring-y colour combo to work with:
I used Whisper White as my neutral.
This card is really very simple, even though I used 3 stamp sets and a set of framelits to make it. The dotted background was done with a stamp from Dragonfly Dreams, the So Saffron square is stamped with a design from Window Shopping, and the sentiment is from So In Love. The cardstock squares in the 3 Challenge colours are cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.

Thanks, Jean, for this fun colour combo! I have a few more ideas for it.

Check out Watercooler Wednesday to see how the other Watercooler Artists have used these colours. Then show us your inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Gail this is such a festive and cheery card! Thanks for sharing it. I love that you incorporated the polka dot stamp from Dragonfly Dreams into your background. It really adds to that festive feel. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...