Wednesday, December 14, 2016

WWC98 Kath's Colour Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
It's time for another Colour Challenge! And I have to say, I did find this challenging. Here's the colours chosen by Kath:
It is a gorgeous combo, isn't it? It did have me thinking Christmas, just because, well it's almost Christmas. But for some reason I wasn't picturing a card.

Then I thought about a treat holder I'm planning on making for each member of my family who will be getting together for Christmas dinner. And this is how it looks with these colours:
I followed a video made by Brenda Quintana, a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator, who is a genius at coming up with the most inventive 3D items. These are really very easy and so quick to make!

The cardstock for the tree is Thick Whisper White, the star is cut from Gold Glimmer Paper, using the Star Framelits. For the trunk, I found a piece of Early Espresso in my scrap pile, that had been embossed. The silver foil wrapping on the Hershey Kisses fills the silver part of the colour challenge. And that's it!

Check out how the other Watercooler Artists handled this challenge, and then show us your stuff! Just visit the Watercooler Wednesday blog  to link up your project.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Gail - this is such a cute and clever take on the colors. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...