Wednesday, November 2, 2016

WWC92 - Jean's Sketch Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Well, I have to say when I first looked at the sketch Jean created for this week's challenge, I didn't think I would have as much trouble with it as I did. It looks pretty straight-forward, doesn't it?
I pondered this one for most of the week and tried various cardstock colours and Designer Series Papers in many combinations.

It was when I reached for my package of This Christmas DSP that inspiration struck.
The cardbase is Thick Whisper White and I picked the DSP patterns in Real Red and Garden Green lines. Sandwiched in between them is the black and white snowflakes.

For the image panel, a simple pine branch stamped in Cucumber Crush and Always Artichoke, the snowflakes stamped in Soft Sky and the greeting stamped with Archival Black are all from the Christmas Pines stamp set.

To see what the other Watercooler Artists have done, visit Watercooler Wednesday. Then show us how Jean's Sketch Challenge inspired you!
 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect choice of DSP for this card, Gail. I love the simplicity of stamping those pine branches in the two greens. Great look, having those tiny snowflakes stamped diagonally across the piece.

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...