Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WWC83 - Penny's Tic Tac Toe Challenge

It's time for a new challenge! Penny has given us a lot of great options this week with her Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Just pick a line - horizontal, vertical or diagonal - and the 3 elements must be included in your project.
I went with the middle horizontal line: Animal, Birthday Theme, Any Shade of Green.
 
The animal is one of the adorable images from the Pretty Kitty stamp set and the green is Mint Macaron. The sentiment is from Rose Wonder.

See that background that looks like Designer Series Paper? It's actually done with a mask from a new collection in the 2016 Holiday Catalogue that goes live real soon.

Masks are a lot of fun. After I had sponged the background for this card, there was a lot of ink left on the mask. So, I grabbed another piece of Whisper White cardstock, put the side of the mask with all the ink face down on the CS and rubbed all over it to transfer the ink.

And this is how it looks:
This is such a fun technique and I want to try it with every colour of ink I own!

Now, get busy and pick your line to play Tic Tac Toe. Just visit the Watercooler Wednesday blog to see what the other Watercooler Artists picked.
 

2 comments:

  1. Gail I simply love you card. That little kitty is so cute, now I've been sitting on the fence about this set and Bella, but I think you've pushed me over. Love it! Thanks for the technique with the mask also. It's great to be able to do something different with the background paper, and this looks awesome and easy to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, thanks so much for your kind comments! Yes, I think you do need that set. I'm planning on getting the Bella set too. As for that technique with the mask - guess all the hours I've spent watching mixed media videos on YouTube are paying off now! LOL It is very easy to do this technique!

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...