Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WWC82 - Libby's Theme Challenge


http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/ 
It's all about trees this week at the Watercooler Challenge. Libby is hosting the Theme Challenge and gave us the theme of trees to work with.

I do have a few stamp sets with tree images in them,  including the much loved Lovely As A Tree, reported to be the longest-lived stamp set at Stampin' Up. But, when I was running all my options through my mind, nothing sparked an idea.

But I did have an inspiration when I was going through the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack looking for something to use on another project.  There it was - the perfect DSP:
And it came together very quickly - the lovely dotted DSP on the right is the reverse side of the branches and leaves on the left.

I didn't want to cover it all up, so I ran a thin strip of Old Olive cardstock to cover up where the two patterns meet. Then I picked several words from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set, stamped them on Whisper White cardstock in Archival Black ink and cut each one out. Done!

In honour of our tree theme, I didn't crop my photo as closely as I usually do. I take photos of my projects on the deck at the side of my house, putting the cards on the railing. The trees in the background are what I see when I look out the windows - a great view!

Give our tree challenge a try,  whether you stamp a design, use a die-cut, punches or some fabulous DSP. Check out what the other Watercooler Artists have done by visiting the blog at Watercooler Wednesday and link up your creation.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so glad you shared your wonderful trees in the background! What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so glad you shared your wonderful trees in the background! What a view!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...