Wednesday, July 6, 2016

WWC75 - Deborah's Sketch Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
Welome to another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! This week Deborah has given us this sketch to follow:
Now, you might think having to follow a sketch is limiting. Not so. While we do still follow the sketch as far as all the layers and details go, there are options. Such as, flipping the sketch to make it horizontal instead of vertical. Which is what I did.
I used Thick Whisper White cardstock for my card base, and 3 of the patterns from the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper. Don't you just love the crisp look of the Night of Navy and Whisper White?

The main flower image is also from the Floral Boutique DSP. It is fussy cut, which took a while! I do not mind fussy cutting, usually, but this did take a bit longer than I had anticipated. However, I love the results.

Now,  I did run into a couple of snags when creating this. First mistake I made was to glue down all my layers - before I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Why is that a bad thing, you ask? Well, as you can see from the angle, I did not get it straight.

And I know better! Usually, I stamp my sentiment first. That way, if I mess it up I can flip the cardstock over and get another chance. I really wasn't paying attention here. Since I didn't have time to start over, I thought I would use this as a lesson to all of you - of what NOT to do!

Next problem I ran into came when I wanted to use my Basic Jewel Pearls for the 3 embellishments. I know I have a package. In fact, I know I have several packages - somewhere! I'm still looking for them...

So, I tried to make 3 dots using the Clean Wink of Stella. It sort of worked - except they are all different sizes. But, hey, that was my intent! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stay tuned - once I locate my MIA pearls, I'll make some adjustments to this card. And do something about the crooked sentiment.

But, all of us at the Watercooler really want to see your take on Deborah's Sketch Challenge. Visit the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog to see what the other Watercooler Artists have done with it, then link up your creation. It's as simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...