Thursday, July 21, 2016

Celebrating 3 years of Hopping!

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com
That's right - we are celebrating our 3rd Anniversary! Can you believe it? And we have all of the original Hoppers from that very first Blog Hop from July 2013. To see the complete list of participants visit the home blog - Wacky Watercooler Stamping.

If you started at the top of the list, you are probably totally awed by all the wonderful creations, and have just arrived from Marsha's blog. She is always a tough act to follow!

I will start with my CASE (Copy And Share Everything) from that original Blog Hop. As usual, there is so much inspiration from this group. But, when I came to Kath R's Faux Watercolouring card - that was it! Here's Kath's card:
 And here is my version:
I kept the background monochrome with Crumb Cake cardstock and ink. All the images in the background are from the fabulous Tuscan Vineyard stamp set and it is embossed with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder.The focal image is done on Watercolour Paper. I used Stampin' Write Markers in Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Emerald Envy and Soft Suede to ink up the bunch of grapes stamp from Tuscan Vineyard.

First, I spritzed the Watercolour Paper with water - you want it pretty wet - but not soggy. Then stamp with your inked stamp. It will go all fuzzy, but don't worry! The magic happens with the next step.

Let it dry. Re-ink your stamp with the same colours and stamp again over top of your first stamp. This will give your image definition. I then ran it through my Big Shot with one of the framelits from Lots of Labels. A few loops of Copper Wire and some strands from the Burlap Ribbon are the finishing touches.

My next card does double duty - it's an anniversary card using one stamp set that was new in 2013 and is still current - Gorgeous Grunge. It is full of wonderful textures and so versatile. I chose the image that reminds me of rain falling - which led me to think about a song from a few years ago - It's Raining Men (don't remember who sang it) - which in turn led me to think about Raining Flowers.

Whew! It really is strange sometimes how the mind of a stamper works. But, here is the result of all that twisted thinking:
I used mostly InColors for this: Dapper Denim, Peekaboo Peach and Cucumber Crush. The centres of the flowers are coloured by using the Clear Wink of Stella pen dipped into Daffodil Delight ink.

The little flowers are from the Rose Wonder set. I stamped them with Dapper Denim and Peekaboo Peach onto Whisper White cardstock then coloured them with the same colours using my Aquapainter. After coloring, I went back over the petals with the fine point of the corresponding markers.

Again with Dapper Denim ink, I stamped the outline image from Rose Wonder an the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and cut it out. I thought all these colours needed something to sort of ground them, so I added a strip of Burlap Ribbon. It seems I couldn't stop adding things - such as the Pearls Basic Jewels, which I thought looked nice against the rustic Burlap Ribbon.

Dapper Denim - I'm really liking that colour! - makes a great card base for this design.

And, there you have it! Happy 3rd Anniversary to all my fellow Watercooler Blog Hoppers! Click on the 'Next' button below to go to Jean's blog. She is one of our Alumni - and never ceases to amaze us.
https://jlfstudio.wordpress.com
http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com
http://coffeepotstampingcafe.com

14 comments:

  1. Sweet projects, Gail, nicely done - really love the faux watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe! I love watercolouring, so this was an obvious choice for me to CASE from Kath.

      Delete
  2. great projects Gail!!! Thank you for sharing all your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! This was a fun Hop and so great to have all of you alumni join in!

      Delete
  3. Pretty projects, Gail. Love how your "Raining Flowers" card idea came to about, thanks for all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Sometimes the mind works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Hi Gail, what a great way to CASE Kath's lovely watercolour card from the first blog. I've had my eye on that Tuscan Vineyards set since the catalogue came out but your faux watercoloured version makes me that much more determined to get it. I don't remember the "It's Raining Men" song but I certainly love the Raining Flowers set the way you've used it in conjunction with the Gorgeous Grunge set. What a bright and beautiful Anniversary card you've created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! That was the set that first attracted me when I saw the new catalogue. It went at the top of my Wish List. Go for it! I'd love to see what amazing things you come up with.

      Delete
  5. Gail these are such great projects. I really love that Tuscan Vineyards set and may have to CASE your card for our Girls Getaway Annual Wine Tour week.......awesome! I do remember the song Raining Men and your card instantly made me think "raining flowers". Love how you did this and your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do CASE away Penny! A week-long wine tour? How much fun is that? Defintely an occasion to celebrate, I'd say.

      Delete
  6. What beautiful cards - thanks for the tip of re-stamping over the watercolour image, to get the definition!! Of course, as soon as you mentioned the song 'Raining Men', it was stuck in my head...I'm still humming it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I hate when a song gets stuck in my head. Are you still humming it?

      Delete
  7. I like the way your brain works Gail! Love your raining flowers card. Your Tuscan Vineyard watercolor tag is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! It's fun how a stamper's brain can relate everything to a card design, isn't it?

      Delete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...