Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WWC 68 - Libby's Colour Challenge

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/
As the end of May grows closer, we are still saying goodbye to our favourite retiring products. This week at the Watercooler we are giving a rousing send off to what I think has been the best set of In-Colors ever!
This set of colours not only worked so well with many of our core colours, but they also worked perfectly with each other. I can't say that about previous years' collections.

My card uses all of these retiring colours. When I set out to make this, all I knew was that I wanted to use an image from the Wilderness Awaits stamp set.
I Googled images of Mallard ducks to see what colours they were. My duck has Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss and Tangelo Twist - with some Tip Top Taupe for the body. The head is actually painted with the Clear Wink of Stella brush dipped into a drop of Mossy Meadow. Also used this technique with Blackberry Bliss for the accents on the throat and wings. Some highlights from the white gel pen finish off the ring around the neck and a bit on the wings. Here's a closer look at the duck:
The sky is done with a light colour wash of Lost Lagoon, using the aquapainter. To give it some interest, I used a stamp from Work of Art and stamped "clouds", also using Lost Lagoon.

The water is done with an image from Timeless Textures and Pool Party ink. I love the look of this - like it is really water with light shining off it!

In the foreground, another one of the stamps from Timeless Texture inked with Tip Top Taupe looks like a shore line. For the grassy part, I used a stamp from Wetlands and Hello Honey. Also swiped the Hello Honey stamp pad across the bottom for more depth.

Around the edges of the Whisper White image panel, I just used the Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey stamp pads to darken the edges slightly and matted it with Smokey Slate. The card base is Lost Lagoon.

I didn't put a  sentiment on it, as I intend it to be used as a blank note card.

I will really miss these colours! Thankfully, I do like the new In-Colours that are in the 2016-2017 catalogue and can't wait to play with them. Just got my pre-order today!

Now, we want to see your take on this fabulous colour combo. Visit the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other Watercooler Artists have done.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gail I love this little piece of art work. You researched it well and the colouring is bang on. I really like how you used Timeless Textures to create the water and sand, it's an excellent mix with the duck in flight. Thanks for sharing your awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the attention to detail on your card - ALL the coloring - FABULOUS!!!! Quite a beautiful card Gail!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...