Wednesday, March 9, 2016

WWC58 - Gail's Reflection Technique

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/03/wwc58-gails-reflection-technique.html
It's Watercooler Wednesday - and this is my first time hosting a Challenge! I chose to do the Reflection Technique - which is a whole lot easier to do than it looks.

For my card, I wanted to use the super cute Easter Lamb stamp from the 2016 Occasions Catalogue. I pictured him in a meadow with spring flowers standing by a lake. The Sheltering Tree stamp set had the perfect elements for creating the meadow scene.

The first thing I did was stamp the lamb image using Archival Black Ink. To make the reflection image, I used the clear imaging sheet that comes with the Stamp-a-ma-Jig and stamped the image again on the side that feels a bit rough. You could also use a piece of acetate. Flip the image sheet over and line it up where you want it. Lay it on the cardstock and rub over it with your fingers to transfer the image. It will not be a crisp, clear image - but that's exactly what you want.

I repeated the same process for the flowers and grasses. The water line is done by masking off the top portion of the Whisper White card stock and sponging the bottom part where you want the water.

The colours I used were: Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow. Cardstock is Whisper White and Mossy Meadow.

Now it's your turn to show us your Reflection Technique. To see what the other Watercooler Artists have done - there are some truly beautiful creations! - click on the Watercooler Challenge image at the top, or click here.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I could hardly believe it! Good to hear from you. Didn't go anywhere in 2015, just puttering when I'm not working - love it all!

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...