Saturday, June 27, 2015

Seeing Spots

I made these cards a while ago, took the photos, saved them in a folder on my desktop - and completely forgot about posting them!

Bokeh is such a fun technique and I love that the results are different every time I do it. The stamp set I used for these is a photopolymer set called Banner Blessings. You won't find it in the 2015-2016 Catalogue, but it can be ordered through my on-line store here. My cards are inspired by a sample created by a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator - Tina Riddle.

Here's a look at the whole group I did - one for each greeting in the four-stamp set:


Now, let's see if I can remember what colours I used! Of course, I didn't make notes! I think I used Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Craft White. The greetings were stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. The sequins are from the retired In-Color Sequins. Each one has a small Basic Rhinestone in the middle. I loved that the shapes of the sequins could be matched to two of the sentiments - the Shine and Joyful Heart cards.

Here's a closeup of each design:





This is a very easy technique. One thing I did that makes the dots seem to float was that I used my heat tool to dry the White Craft ink thoroughly between doing each layer. I had trouble with the ink smearing when I used my circle stencil to do the different sizes. The heat tool was the solution!

I hope I have inspired you to see spots too! Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...