Monday, April 6, 2015

A Tisket A Tasket ...

... I made some Easter baskets! OK, that's not quite how the song goes - for those who remember that old classic.

For Easter dinner with my Mom and my sisters and brother-in-law, I made some little baskets and filled them with candy-coated chocolate Easter eggs. Thanks to a video by Brenda Quintana, who came up with the design, they went together very quickly. I picked bright, spring-y colours for a colourful array.


Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Pistachio Pudding.
Embossing Folders: Decorative Dots, Honeycomb. Fancy Fan, Modern Mosaic, Lacy Brocade

The handles are Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon (retired). I used Candy Dots brad bases to attach the handle and finished them with matching Candy Dots - where I had the matching colour, or Basic Pearls for those I didn't.

I thought I had some Tea Lace Paper Doilies to put inside, but I can't find them. Or maybe I just thought I had some. I did have some parchment cupcake liners and thought they would work. They were a bit to big so I trimmed them to fit.





Now, having been brought up with the philosophy of not throwing anything away and finding other uses, I looked at the trimmed off part and the lightbulb went off! It would make perfect filling. So I split each trimmed off part into smaller strips and had enough to fill 4 of the baskets!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and the opportunity to spend time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...