Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stuck on Nautical

I'm loving all the nautically-themed products in the Summer Mini! It could be because I now live so close to the ocean. But, even when I lived in the land-locked prairies, I was drawn to anything to do with water, whether it was lakes or oceans. I attribute this affinity to my paternal grandmother who was Norwegian.

The stamp set The Open Sea, pairs well with the Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper to make manly-themed cards. Add a bit of Baker's Twine and the possibilities are endless!

Here is my first attempt with all these products:







This is what I used:
Stamps: The Open Sea, French Foliage (for the splatters), Teeny Tiny Wishes (for the sentiment)
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Confetti Cream (crumpled and crimped until it split into layers), Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Modern Label punch, sponge, crimper, White Baker's Twine (rolled over the Not Quite Navy stamp pad to pick up some colour), Cutter Kit (has a tool that easily roughs up the edges, which is what I did on the main image panel)

All these nautically-themed products from the Summer Mini Catalogue are available until August 31, 2011. To check them out just click on the image of the Mini on the right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...