Monday, February 21, 2011

Time sure flies!

Here we are, almost two full months into 2011 and this is my first post of the new year! So much for my resolve (I don't make New Year's resolutions) to post more frequently. You may ask what I have been doing with my time? Well, one thing I have been doing is trying to use up some of my retired supplies - such as Designer Series Paper. I've also been trying new techniques I have wanted to do for a long time.

This project combines both. It is known as a tri-fold card. While it looks complicated, it is really very easy to do and a lot of fun. Most of the tutorials that have been posted on various blogs use 12 x 12 cardstock. I found instructions for using 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock on Splitcoast Stampers in the resources section. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find it.

Here is my version:




I used Basic Gray for the base. The DSP is from Tea Party (retired), but any DSP you like can be used. I made the candle flames using the Two-Step Bird Punch, punching just the wing part out of So Saffron card stock and sponging with Daffodil Delight. The candle part is strips of DSP sponged with Concord Crush. Stamp sets used were: Birthday Bakery, Messages for Mom and Whimsical Words. Also used the scallop circle punch and 1 3/8" circle punch. Some of the candles are embellished with Basic Pearls.

This type of card has lots of possibilities for embellishing. I can see more of these in my future! Give it a try and have a Very Stamping Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...