Sunday, March 28, 2010

Punch Fun





In my last post I showed you how to use the 2-step bird punch. This time I'll show you a variation by using just selected parts of the punch. I've seen this done on a few sites and loved the one done by Julia Bettancourt.

I used Perfect Plum, Summer Sun, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock. The Whisper White CS was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate. To change it up a bit, I then used the Top Note die on some of the embossed CS.

The tulips were made by punching only the wing part on the Two-Step Bird Punch. Each "petal" was then sponged with the corresponding ink. For the stems, I used Certainly Celery and just punched the branch part, leaving out the leaves.

On the sample not using the Top Note die, I was trying to think what to use in place of ribbon. There happened to be a scrap laying near-by of Old Olive CS that I had punched for another project, using the Eyelet Border punch and then ran through the crimper. So I picked it up and used the Paper Snips to cut into it to make it look like grass and placed it over the bottoms of the stems.

I thought these designs would be good to use as Easter cards and used the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes - such a useful set! - stamped on Whisper White and punched with the Word Window Punch and then layered on the Perfect Plum CS punched with the Modern Label Punch.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful work Gail. Do you sell your work? Anyway nice to see you blogging. I will put your link on my blog.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! Yes, I do sell my cards. If you are interested in ordering, send me an e-mail at gelli28@telus.net

    ReplyDelete

WWC211 - Kath's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ It's a feminine theme this week from Kath. A perfect opportunity to play with my new butte...